Wednesday 1 February 2012

Best Valentine Quotes in Year of the Dragon

Here the best Valentine Qoutes and saying for 2012.

The spirit of love can be expressed by exchanging special messages to your loved ones. Here is an excellent collection of quotations which may come to your use. If you like these Valentine’s Day quotes and sayings, share any of them with your special one or even friends via greeting cards, e-cards, Orkut/Myspace scraps or simple SMS messages.

Best Valentine Quotes in Year of the Dragon

Be My Valentine Quotes

Come live in my heart, and pay no rent.
~ Samuel Lover.

Valentine hearts beat more passionately than everyday hearts.
~ Anonymous.

General Valentine’s Day Quotes and Sayings

I claim there ain't Another Saint As great as Valentine.
~ Ogden Nash.

We are, each of us angels with only one wing; and we can only fly by embracing one another.
~ Luciano de Crescenzo.

No cord or cable can so forcibly draw, or hold so fast, as love can do with a twined thread.
~ Robert Burton.

Where there is great love, there are always wishes.
~ Willa Cather.

Love is a game that two can play and both win.
~ Eva Gabor.

Love is the magician that pulls man out of his own hat.
~ Ben Hecht.

Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself.
~ Andre Breton.

Love is the flower you've got to let grow.
~ John Lennon.

Love is metaphysical gravity.
~ R. Buckminster Fuller.

Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.
~ Zora Neale Hurston.

Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end.
~ Anonymous.

Romantic Valentine’s Day Quotes

Love is missing someone whenever you're apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you're close in heart.
~ Kay Knudsen.

Love is the silent saying and saying of a single name.
~ Mignon McLaughlin.

Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition.
~ Alexander Smith.

Love is like dew that falls on both nettles and lilies.
~ Swedish Proverb.

Love is the poetry of the senses.
~ Honoré de Balzac.

Love is the greatest refreshment in life.
~ Pablo Picasso.

Funny Valentine’s Day Quotes

Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.
~ Albert Einstein.

I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known.
~ Walt Disney.

Money can't buy love, but it improves your bargaining position.
~ Christopher Marlowe.

I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?
~ Zsa Zsa Gabor.

True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.
~ Erich Segal.

If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
~ Lily Tomlin.

Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot.
~ Groucho Marx.

All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
~ Charles M. Schulz.

Falling in love is so hard on the knees.
~ Aerosmith.

Love is being stupid together.
~ Paul Valery.

The magic of the first love is the ignorance that it can never end.
~ Disraeli.

Love, and a cough, cannot be hid.
~ George Herbert, Jacula Prudentum, 1651.

Funny Quotes about Valentine’s Day/Funny Quotes on Valentine’s Day

I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon.
~ Anonymous.

Today is Valentine's Day - or, as men like to call it, Extortion Day!
~ Jay Leno.

Without Valentine's Day, February would be... well, January.
~ Jim Gaffigan.

Happy Valentine’s Day Quotes

Happiness is anyone and anything at all, that's loved by you.
~ from "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown".

Who, being loved, is poor?
~ Oscar Wilde.

The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough.
~ George Moore.

We loved with a love that was more than love.
~ Edgar Allan Poe.

Are we not like two volumes of one book?
~ Marceline Desbordes-Valmore.

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach.
~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

A man is not where he lives, but where he loves.
~ Latin Proverb.

True love stories never have endings.
~ Richard Bach.

At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.
~ Plato.

Cute Valentines Day Quotes

Many are the stars I see, but in my eye no star like thee.
~ Anonymous.

Life is the flower for which love is the honey.
~ Victor Hugo.

To love abundantly is to live abundantly, and to love forever is to live forever.
~ Henry Drummond.

A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway.
~ Fr. Jerome Cummings.

All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars.
~ Rush.

Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction.
~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.

For you see, each day I love you more
Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.
~ Rosemonde Gerard.

Sad Valentine’s Day Quotes

Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs.
~ William Shakespeare.

He is not a lover who does not love forever.
~ Euripides.

I hold it true
I hold it true, whate’er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
‘Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.
~ Alfred Tennyson.

Love is not altogether a delirium, yet it has many points in common therewith.
~ Thomas Carlyle.

If the love you think you felt goes away quickly, then what you felt was never love to begin with.
~ Henry Mac.

There is no disguise which can hide love for long where it exists, or simulate it where it does not.
~ Francois de La Rouchefoucauld.

Valentine Quotes For Husbands

Sometimes we make love with our eyes. Sometimes we make love with our hands. Sometimes we make love with our bodies. Always we make love with our hearts.
~ Anonymous.

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.
~ A. Milne.

Oh, if it be to choose and call thee mine, love, thou art every day my Valentine!
~ Thomas Hood.

Valentine Quotes for Wives

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
~ Judy Garland.

A hundred hearts would be too few
To carry all my love for you.
~ Anonymous.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
~ Lucretius.

A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.
~ Ingrid Bergman.

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel de Montaigne.

Sweet Valentine Quotes

There is no instinct like that of the heart.
~ Lord Byron.

Where there is love there is life.
~ Mohandas Gandhi.

When love is not madness, it is not love.
~ Pedro Calderon de la Barca.

Who would give a law to lovers? Love is unto itself a higher law.
~ Boethius, The Consolation of Philosophy.

I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love.
~ Henry Ward Beecher.

To love another person is to see the face of God.
~ Les Miserables.

I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times, in life after life, in age after age forever.
~ Rabindranath Tagore.

Valentine’s Day Friendship Quotes/Valentine’s Day Quotes For Friends

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.
~ Aristotle.

A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world.
~ Leo Buscaglia.

A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway.
~ Fr. Jerome Cummings.

Friendship is one mind in two bodies.
~ Mencius.

Friendship, I fancy, means one heart between two.
~ Diana of the Crossways.

I found out what the secret to life is--friends. Best friends.
~ Fried Green Tomatoes.

Valentine’s Day Movie Quotes

If I tell you I love you, can I keep you forever?
~ Casper.

Love actually is all around us.
~ Love Actually.

Storm clouds may gather and stars may collide, but I love you, until the end of time.
~ Moulin Rouge.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.
~ Moulin Rouge.

It seems right now that all I've ever done in my life is making my way here to you.
~ The Bridges of Madison County.

Single on Valentine's Day Quotes/Valentine’s Day Quotes For Singles

I'm single because I was born that way.
~ Mae West.

I think, therefore I'm single.
~ Liz Winston.

Being single entitles you to not ask someone's opinion before you do something to mess up your own room, your credit report or even your life.
~ Sayali Patil.

I’m happily single.
~ Paula Abdul.

I love being single. It's almost like being rich.
~ Sue Grafton.

It is quite lovely being single, and I much prefer it.
~ Anna Held.

Valentine Quotes for Her

Do you love me because I am beautiful, or am I beautiful because you love me?
~ Cinderella (The Fairytale).

I'd like to run away from you, but if you didn't come and find me ... I would die.
~ Shirley Bassey.

I try falling out of love, but falling out of love
means falling into someone else, and you were
the one I tripped for.
~ Lindsey Caitlyn Emery.

Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.
~ Nora Roberts.

Don't forget I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.
~ from "Notting Hill".

Valentine’s Day Quotes for Boyfriends

Who ever loved that loved not at first sight?
~ As You Like It.

When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew.
~ Hamlet.

Let's go hand in hand, not one before another.
~ Comedy of Errors.

To be in love is merely to be in a state of perceptual anesthesia.
~ H.L. Mencken.

The luckiest man in the world is he who finds true love.
~ The Englsh Patient.

Anti-Valentine Day Quotes

The course of true love never did run smooth.
~ Shakespeare.

Love is only a dirty trick played on us to achieve continuation of the species.
~ W. Somerset Maugham.

We fall in love when our imagination projects nonexistent perfection upon another person. One day, the fantasy evaporates and with it, love dies.
~ José Ortega y Gasset.

Trip over love, you can get up. Fall in love and you fall forever.
~ Anonymous.

You, my dear, are a creature of the night, you are a vampire.
~ Lauren Hammond.

Love Stinks.

~ J.Geils Band.

Love sucks. Sometimes it feels good. Sometimes it's just another way to bleed.
~ Laurell K. Hamilton.

Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker.
~ Anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment